At the beginning of the year as I always do I compiled a list of hopes, aims and ambitions for the 2014. I always find it more positive to think about things I want to start doing rather than things I want to give up as is the tradition of many New Year’s resolutions.
Suddenly May has crept up and we are already a third of the way through the year which still feels fairly new to me. A good opportunity to evaluate how I am doing
This year my hopes and plans include:
- Learning to make Macarons
- Eating fresh fish from our local fishmongers at least once a week
- Trekking to Everest Base Camp
- Running 500km before 31/12/14
- To have more than 11 cinema trips (11 was the number of times I went in 2013)….Yes I do keep note of these things!
- Reading more new authors
- Visiting more book related events
- Reading at least 2 Christian books – (although I’m a Christian and an avid book worm i’m not good at reading Christian literature)
- More writing
- Starting an online blog
Image via Martha Stewart
So how am I doing, well I haven’t yet learnt to make macarons, and I haven’t to my shame read any Christian books, and I don’t quite manage to visit our fishmongers weekly…yet. But so far I have clocked up 5 cinema trips, I’ve run 148 km and I have trekked to Everest Base Camp. I am reading lots of new authors, I have been to some bookish events. I look forward to sharing more about both in future posts. I am writing more and here is my blog. So overall a satisfactory first third of the year.
Have a lovely book filled bank holiday weekend.