In a change to our normal schedule, this weeks 5 on Friday has become 6 on Saturday. Having spent the last few days at Hay Festival (did I mention that before…..?), there could only really be one subject for this post. So these, in no particular order are 6 great things about Hay and its festival.
- Hay has the largest (and most lovely) second-hand bookshop in the world. Richard Booths
- If you happen to have a spare £14,500 lying around you could pick up a fully restored gypsy caravan from the festival. Doesn’t every garden need one?
- In Hay the streets are paved with books. Apart from the fabulous 10 day festival there are over 30 book shops
- Helen Lederer is very funny. She has invented the genre ‘mid-lit’ and written a comic novel called ‘Losing it’
- Following on from number 1, it would be impossible to leave any visit to Hay without a bag full of books. (We have 12, books not bags)
- At Hay Festival complete strangers are joined together by book love and reading. Positivity, creativity and friendliness reign.