It wouldn’t be summer with out August and it wouldn’t be August without ice cream. I married into a family of ice cream lovers where ice-cream for desert is standard fare. My mother-in-law and brother-in-law make a mean hot chocolate sauce which I have yet to secure there recipe for, and my husband is on a permanent quest for the perfect ice-cream scoop. Over the years I have developed a bit of a taste for gelato myself. With that in mind here are 5 suitably-summery-Ice creamy-things.
- Bitter Orange Ice Cream. You don’t need an ice cream maker to make ice-cream and this recipe from Nigella for no churn bitter orange ice cream is the first ice-cream I ever made. I guarantee its delicious.
- I love the retro ‘We all Scream for Ice-Cream print available from Notonthehighstreet.com This would be a cool gift for the ice cream lover in your life
- Rosemary Moon’s Ice Cream Machine Book. It’s really not necessary to have an ice cream maker to make ice cream but if you do you won’t go wrong with this book. It has a great choice of flavours with accompanying tempting photos, which is always important I find.
- Polka Dot Ice Cream Cups. I love these spotty paper cups which I found on Etsy. A good way to serve an easy ice cream desert in the garden after a BBQ. At 12 cups for £2.23, they are a bit of a bargain too.
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge Sundae Its back to Nigella again for the perfect desert for ice cream lovers. This hot fudgy sauce is indulgent and delicious and very easy to make. Great for entertaining but just as good for some decadent solo dining.
Images as above: 1, 5, Nigella.com; 2, Notonthehighstreet.com; 3, Amazon, 4, Ivana’sgiftsnthings