Can it really be Friday again. I’m not sure how its been with you this week, but for me it seems to have gone mighty quickly. Anyhow, on a sunny Saturday a couple of weeks ago me, the man and our lovely pal Sue set off for a day beside the sea. There is nothing like sea air, the sound of the waves and fish and chips on the beach to restore and revive. We had a lovely day in wonderful Whitstable on the Kent coast. Just 80 mins from London on the train its the ideal day trippers seaside destination.
Whitstable is undisputedly quaint and English. Now that alone is really reason enough to visit but should you need a little more persuading, here are 5 reasons to visit Whitstable
- It’s really very pretty, with lovely views from the harbour out to sea
- Oysters. Even if you don’t like to eat them (and I don’t), the stalls stacked high with these gnarly crustaceans are a sight to see
- The Neptune – a pub whose beer garden is the beach. Perfect for supping procecco with your fish and chips
- Harbour Books – I’ve blogged about this shop before. A fabulous independent book store selling all sorts of reasonably priced books and retro postcards.
- The many antique and independent shops waiting to be discovered. I loved these small chairs outside one such shop
Happy weekend everyone. Hope you mange to find some sunshine among the showers X
All images Changing-pages except No 4,via What Olivia Did