There is something about Christmas that causes me to want to make things. Unfortunately, like most people I don’t usually have too much time leading up to the festivities. As I find it hard to even consider Christmas before December has begun I’m never really in a position to start on projects which require lots of equipment, planning or man hours. By about the 10th December, I find my Christmas mojo and I’m full of ideas and enthusiasm, just lacking in time left to do much with them. So I’m always looking for things that can be made quickly but still fulfil the creative Christmas urge . These are 5 ideas which I think might do just that.
- These DIY washi tape tags from Fox and Star are super easy and require minimal skill and equipment.
- I made these Salted Caramel Christmas mug cakes for gifts last year. They are very simple and immensely satisfying to put together, and I’m told they taste alright too.
- DIY Christmas tea-lights. Minutes to make and cost just pennies. These look great lining mantelpieces or shelves.
- Let it snow Christmas cards, by Mathilde heart Manech. These minimalist Christmas Cards are so simple even a clumsy, part time crafter like me could manage them!
- If you want to give a home made gift, you can’t go far wrong with chocolate bark. It takes no skill, no measuring and is a great opportunity to get creative with your toppings.
Have a crafty, Christmassy weekend everyone. Tra-la-la-la-la…….