Well Hello Friday and Hello Sunshine! Oh yes, as is the way in the good old UK, just a week ago we were dodging hail and snow. This weekend we shall be dodging the sunburn with temperatures predicted to reach the mid 20’s. Is it any wonder that here in Great Britain we are obsessed with the weather
With that in mind here are 5 things to do this weekend as we make the most of the great outdoors, the sunshine and our crazy country!
- Plant something, and watch it grow. Even if all you have is a windowsill, there are plenty of herbs which thrive in a sunny window spot.
- Sort out the summer wardrobe, and prepare to bare those legs (yikes).
- Eat alfresco. Breakfast, lunch, coffee, afternoon tea or even a BBQ. I plan to eat as many meals as possible outside this weekend.
- Buy and cook some asparagus. English asparagus is at its absolute best in May and is a joy to behold when dripping with nothing more than some unsalted butter.
- Get out to the country side and find a field of lambs, there’s little more uplifting than a bouncy lamb!
Have a gorgeous weekend, and don’t forget to slap on the sunscreen!!
Image 1 Changing pages, 2 via Pinterest