Two years and 11 days ago Changing Pages was born and I published my first post. I had thought about and talked about starting a blog for some time before I plucked up courage to take the plunge. Since then I have written 328 posts, 329 including this one and lost count of the hours I have spent thinking about posts, planning posts and taking photographs for posts. Blogging has become a hugely important part of my life and a part of my life that I hope is here to stay. In honour of my 2 year and 11 day blogging birthday, here are just 5 of the reasons I blog.
1. Changing Pages has enabled me to create an online scrapbook of my life, full of books and photographs and musings and snapshots of my comings and goings.
2. Blogging has introduced me to many like-minded people on line and in person who I would be unlikely to meet in any other part of my life. I learn from and am inspired by other bloggers on a daily basis.
3. It’s a creative discipline but also a creative outlet, and we all need one of those.
4. Blogging enhances everything, because every place visited, every book read, every photograph taken is a potential blog material.
5. And finally, It gives me plenty of excuses to buy pretty notebooks in which to scribble ideas and coloured pens with which to scribble them.
After 2 years I have so many ideas buzzing around in my head. I am never short of things to write about and I have so much more I want to do in my blogging life. So as I celebrate this little milestone, let me say this. If you have ever considered blogging, or are thinking it may be something you might like to do, but don’t quite know how, or even if you could, then take the plunge and join me. Because if I can do it anyone can, and its a whole lot of fun.
Image Changing Pages