For many years I worked weekends, and although the benefit was days off during the week when most other people were at work, nothing really beats the Friday feeling. I haven’t worked weekends for around 4 years now and although I miss a mid week potter I’m not sure it really compares to the feeling of freedom and untold promise when leaving work on a Friday evening, especially when the sun is shining..
This week in the UK its been hot, hot, hot, and although temps have now dropped a little it still looks like a warm and sunny weekend is ahead (yay!). With the promise of more sunshine here are 5 things to do as the temperature rises.
- Make some ice- cream, or if you can’t be bothered with that, definitely eat some. A hot sunny day cries out for a Mr Whippy ’99 cone.
- Have a picnic. Food always tastes better outside.
- Buy some English strawberries, they’ll be gone before you know it.
- Treat your self to some flowers and bring a little bit of sunshine inside.
- Take your first morning cuppa outside with a book, no better way to start the day.
Whatever you do, inside or out, have a lovely weekend.
Image Changing pages