Did I mention I had recently been to New York? Oh I did?
Here is a little selection of 5 things to do should you too find yourself in downtown, uptown or midtown during a snowy February.
- Breakfast. Is there anywhere better to get your fix of pancakes, maple syrup and bacon than in America?
- 9/11 Memorial and Museum. Very moving as you would expect but also very well put together. My very favourite thing was the colour wall displaying the Virgil quote. ‘No day shall erase you from the memory of time’. The different shades of blue paper watercolours pay tribute to those killed on 9/11 and represents the colour of the sky on that morning.
- Take in some Jazz. We went to the famous Birdland club to hang with the cool kids!
- Top of the Empire State. It hasto be done, particularly if this is your first visit. So much time in NYis spent walking around looking up at buildings. This is the perfect way to look down and get your own birds eye view.
- Central Park. Escape the craziness of the city for the tranquility of central park