- A Place To Fall in Love I love this post from The Bookshop Around The Corner, and its a book shop I definitely want to visit
- I can’t wait to listen to this latest Tea or Books pod cast from Book Snob. The promise of Jane Austen and a battle between Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility is just too good to ignore.
- Stuck in a book suggested The 1924 Project. It’s an encouragement to book bloggers to read something from the year 1924. The reviews will be brought together and result in a lovely literary overview of that particular year.
- If you are at all bookish it cannot have passed you by that the winner of the 2015 Man Booker Prize was announced this week. The winner was of course A Brief History of Seven Killings by Marlon James. I haven’t read the book and I’m not sure I will but I did enjoy this pre announcement review by Non Such Book.
- And finally, I enjoyed this post ‘In Praise of The Quiet Book’ from Isabel Costellos’s Literary Sofa. I wasn’t familiar with the phrase ‘the quiet novel’ before, but having read the post by author Stephanie Butland I realise its exactly the kind of book I love to read. “…about relationships, family, recognisable true-to-life situations with a dimension of reflection and depth”
Have a wonderful weekend, filled with an abundance of reading opportunities!
Image via apartment therapy