It is officially strawberry season. There are fewer fruits I enjoy more than an English Strawberry, in strawberry season. I had 3 punnets last week alone. Usually I like my strawberries at room temperature, unadulterated or with a slosh of fridge cold cream, but at least once every summer I like to dip them in chocolate and pretend I’ve done something clever.
If you too like to pretend you have flare in the kitchen then may I suggest you gather together the following.
- A punnet of English strawberries.
- 1/2 a bar of chocolate. I usually choose Aero not sure why, except thats what I had to hand the first time I made them so I have continue to favour this
Then all you need to do is….
- Melt the chocolate. My preferred method is in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Of course microwave melting is fine but this way feels more controllable.
- Dip the strawberries holding by the stem until they are half covered with chocolate.
- Set them on some baking parchment on a plate and stick in the fridge to set.
When the chocolate is set, display on an appropriate serving dish, and impress you friends or simply keep them for yourself for a well deserved any day treat
If you are looking for other strawberry recipes, you might want to glance at this post from last year.